Re: SID Update Feb 02

On Tue, Feb 02, 2016 at 09:08:20PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Stephen Allen wrote:
Good Morning:

Not sure what package to file a bug against, so here goes explaining the
issue.

After this mornings update to SID, I no longer have video working (won't
play). So, what package would be relevant - this is media streams in
browser, both Google-Chrome and IceWeasel are affected as it seems
Gnome's native video player. VLC is working fine.

So, would that mean GStreamer?

I noticed that for quite a few days now a dist-upgrade to Sid will:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
 xserver-xorg-video-openchrome xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion

I haven't tried the dist-upgrade myself because of it.

Do either you or the OP own either a VIA Unichrome video card (which the openchrome driver supports) or a SiliconMotion Lynx or Cougar video card (which the siliconmotion driver supports)?

If not, then the removal of drivers which don't apply to your system shouldn't affect you.

Hugo

--
For more information, please reread.