Re: Meta key for 'emacs -nw'

* On 2016 01 Feb 21:30 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> What I've not sat down and figured out is how to use Ctl-Left/Right to
> navigate word left/right but use Alt-B/F instead.  Even Bash will allow
> the Ctl variants.

I think I resolved my Ctrl-arrow keys following this page:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CuaModeTerminalProblems

Unless one is using an actual Linux VC the keymap information can be
ignored.  I added the stanza at the bottom of that page to my
~/.emacs-mail which is loaded only when calling Emacs from Mutt.  I also
added the TERM type of "screen-256color" to the list of "linux" and
"xterm" so the Ctrl-arrow work through TMUX in Emacs.

While that page is linked from the CUA page:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/CuaMode

it seems independent.  That said, I did enable CUA mode so I get the
familiar cut, copy, paste, undo keys.  However, it appears that Xfce
Terminal (others?) traps the Shift-arrow keys so as to enable
line-by-line scrolling as with the default keymap of the Linux console.

I should have done this long ago.  :-D

- Nate