Re: OT: variables

Hi all,

first of all, thanks for the fast response.

> If you could suggest a specific tool, we could perhaps tell you the right
> thing to use for that tool (or the reasons to use it).

Yes, here is an example:

1. apt-get --purge remove 4.3.1-0-*

will remove all packages with4.3.1-0-* variable/string 4.3.1-0- in its name

2. aptitude purge '~n4.3.1-0-*'
will deinstall all packages, named 4.3.1-0-

3. aptitude purge 'deborphan --guess-all'
will deinstall all packages named by the commnd in the marks

I see no system behind it. Looks weired for me.
At the moment I find no example for "foo", but I am sure, one might find it
also.

Hans