Re: Debian Home Server

> Could you suggest some package to build a simple and powerful media server?

I use MPD on the server to play the music (which I control via various
MPD clients, mostly MPDroid (from F-Droid) on Android, Emacs's M-x mpc,
as well as via `client175' running on that same server, in case someone
wants to control it without having an MPD client installed).

And I export the media files to Kodi via NFS.

I'd be interested to hear a precise usage scenario with minidlna (or
similar): I tried it but couldn't find a convenient a way to make use
of it.  What clients do you use it with (e.g. from your laptop)?  How do
you let it play the music on the server itself so turning off your
laptop doesn't stop the music?

        Stefan