Re: How to Install Awstats on a Web Server Running Debian

On Sunday 31 January 2016 22:50:07 gc@maillr.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a web server running Debian Jessie on my web server running
> Apache and for the life of me I can't figure out how to install Awstats.
> Can anyone help with this? I've been searching the web for articles and
> can't seem to come across the right one that has accurate steps. The
> steps I have found are outdated.

You do not say which version of Debian you are running.  But in Wheezy, Debian
7, which I am running on this machine, there is a package for awstats:

lisi@Tux-II:~$ aptitude search awstats
p   awstats                         - powerful and featureful web server log
ana
lisi@Tux-II:~$

On checking, there is one available for all versions,

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=awstats&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all

Package awstats
squeeze (oldoldstable) (web): powerful and featureful web server log analyzer
6.9.5~dfsg-5: all
wheezy (oldstable) (web): powerful and featureful web server log analyzer
7.0~dfsg-7: all
jessie (stable) (web): powerful and featureful web server log analyzer
7.2+dfsg-1: all
stretch (testing) (web): powerful and featureful web server log analyzer
7.4+dfsg-1: all
sid (unstable) (web): powerful and featureful web server log analyzer
7.4+dfsg-1: all

so you can just install it using your preferred package manager, e.g.:

# aptitude update
#aptitude install awstats

HTH
Lisi