Re: Jessie 8.3 - still no update notifications

On 01/27/2016 11:37 PM, Tixy wrote:
On Thu, 2016-01-28 at 05:54 +0000, Bonno Bloksma wrote:
[...]
I do not care about GNOME Package Updater and other GUI things,
since I still prefer CLI. However, notifications would be nice to have
as a reminder.
Anyone to suggest something helpful?

For as long as I have been using Debian I have a little script that I
run each night:

Debian provides the apticron package to do something very similar...
https://www.debian-administration.org/article/491/Automatic_package_update_nagging_with_apticron

If it listed new packages too, not just the ones being installed, that would be great! I like to see new packages being added to the repository too.
--
Debian Jessie - KDE 4.14.2  - EXT4 - AMD64 at sda10
Registered Linux User #380263