rpcbind-0.23 & Jessie

Hello,

I put a fresh Jessie on the netbook of my wife's friend. She had some
ancient Linux Mint and now it is going to be her first experience with
Debian...everything is fine except the problem with rpcbind-0.21 which
is visible during the boot (first-time experience) and explained here:

I do run Sid and the problem is fixed there as well as in testing, but I
do not see it in backports.

What do you advise in regard?

By looking at package's deps, I'm not sure that installing from testing
is smart move considering we want to have stable machine with as little
admin time as possible?

Otoh, I do have zero experience using Stable and not sure whether one
can expect to see the fix appear in Jessie in the nearby future?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
What is night for all beings is the time of awakening
for the self-controlled; and the time of awakening for