Re: Is anybody Running Debian on Acer Aspire E5-571G

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 12:47:05 -0300 Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI
<renaud@olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:27:54 +0000
> Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Fri 15 Jan 2016 at 08:53:46 -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> >
> > > I ran a netinst installation so no didn't have the nonfree rt2800
> > > package earlier.  Anyone know which debian dvd that package lives
> > > on?  I may be able to install debian with the first dvd and
> > > whatever number that other dvd is in future.
> >
> > The DVDs contain free software only.
>
> In other words, you are buggered, since you need the non-free driver
> to connect to the internet through which you will be able to download
> the non-free driver... Cheers,
>
> Ron.

Not at all:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current/amd64/iso-cd/firmware-8.2.0-amd64-netinst.iso

That is a netinstall CD including the non-free firmware for stable.