Re: Debian on Lenovo ideapad y700

Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Thursday 21 January 2016 02:58:35 David Christensen wrote:
>> On 01/20/2016 05:17 PM, R.C.F.Kloks wrote:
>> > I recently installed Debian on my laptop Lenovo ideapad y700 with
>> > succes. On first bootup after grub 2 screen i get an blackscreen.
>> > Cant find any possible solution on the internet or dont know where to
>> > look. Can someone please help me with that issue?
>>
>> Perhaps this:
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=804110
>>

>> David
>
> And what did you/does he do about it?
>
> Lisi

there are some suggestions at the end of the thread. also in his/her xorg
log it is visible that there is a problem with nv dirver not found

the thread suggests as solution
        # echo nouveau > /etc/modules-load.d/nouveau.conf

however OP should change grub before boot into linux to be able to see
anything at all, or perhaps setup vesa for the boot part.

regards