Re: Setting up LVDS display in Jessie stable

On 20-01-2016 14:06, deloptes wrote:
venkat wrote:

Again tried the same experiment with VGA and LVDS connected. During this
trial "xrandr --output LVDS-0 --right-of VGA-0 --auto" LVDS worked as
expected.
Confused.
in the out of xrandr there is no HDMI output listed
I assume this is "DisplayPort-1 connected" - just try
HDMI port is sensed as DVI-0
xrandr --output LVDS-0 --auto
Initially when i tried this it throwed crtc error..
After switching off the Displayport (xrandr --output DisplayPort-1 --off) I was able to set LVDS-0 to AUTO
But, still no luck over LVDS display still blank.
Try switching the HDMI (DisplayPort-1) resolution to 1024x768 and repeat. It
could be that you LVDS refuses to handle higher. If so try
--scale-from 1920x1080 like this

xrandr --output LVDS-0 --scale-from 1920x1080

or
xrandr --output DisplayPort-1 --scale-from 1024x768

What I think in worst case could be that there is some hardware limit (has
been seen in many intel chips)

I hope it helps

regards

--