Re: Can't connect to outside world using openbox

On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 13:04:38 -0500
Francis Gerund <ranrund@gmail.com> wrote:

> . . . Okay.
>
> The problem may be with dhcp, since xfce has no problem getting to the
> outside world, but openbox refuses to go any further than localhost.
>
> So, does dhcp functionality need to be installed and/or set up
> separately for openbox?
>
> And if so, how?

It should be present in all installations, independent of window
manager. It is a dependency of several networking packages.

The current package in all distributions since squeeze, I believe, is
isc-dhcp-client.

Does /sbin/ifconfig show the network interfaces you expect to see (i.e.
not just lo)?

--
Joe