Re: wheezy, message log being spammed by segfaults from apt_check.py

On Thursday 14 January 2016 21:44:03 Gene Heskett wrote:
> From that it would appear aptitude is confused at best, broken at worst.

Neither.  It just works differently. They used all to use different databases
to some extent, or anyhow to be unmixable, but they are now mixable.

Why is everything you happen not to like dismissed as "broken"?

My experience of Synaptic, like Johann's, would suggest that Synaptic
is "broken".  I have certainly more than once been log-jammed in Synaptic,
and solved the problem with the CLI aptitude before going back to Synaptic.

Lisi