Re: Loss of lan after memory upgrade (SOLVED)

On 14/01/16 04:38 PM, Gary Roach wrote:
I want to thank everybody for their suggestions. I still don't know what the problem was but solved it by booting up the stretch installation / rescue disk. Going through the initial setup, including the network setup, cleared the problem.

A search of the web found reference to multiple cases of the same problem. They all have one thing in common. Tons of replies with no results. It seems that the first thing to try with this one is the rescue disk. Something gets tweeked somewhere and the rescue disk straightens it out. A puzzlement.

Gary R.

One thing it might have also have been is that ifupdown may have been removed by a recent upgrade. Reinstalling it worked for me.