wheezy, message log being spammed by segfaults from apt_check.py

Greetings all;

Intermittently but sometimes several times an hour from the times
recorded. The error portion of the logged line:word wrapped

segfault at 0 ip b7614966 sp bf9b64c8 error 6 in
libc-2.13.so[b759b000+15e000

No clue what an error 6 means. No errors shown in the man page, just mild
horn blowing.

And the segfault goes away if root runs it, so I have to assume root is
not running it.  Does anyone have a clue what I should be looking at and
what to check for?

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)