Re: Problem with apt-get and sources.list

I really cant thank you all enough :)

On 14 Jan 2016 01:39, "Lisi Reisz" <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 13 January 2016 23:22:30 David Christensen wrote:
> On 01/13/2016 10:31 AM, Amr Saber wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > While I was configuring some thing in the sources.list file as apt-get
> > couldn't get any package I wanted or asked for (I double checked the
> > spelling for each package) and it just said package not found ...
>
> You can search for packages here:
>
>      http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
>
> > any way, The problem is that the sources.list file was accidentally
> > deleted
>
> It's useful to make copies of original configuration files before
> editing them:
>
>      # cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list-orig
>
>      # vi /etc/apt/sources.list
>

> Better yet is putting them into a version control system.
>
>  > and I can't find any version of it online and ofcourse the apt-get is
>  > no longer working at all
>
> Somebody already posted a Jessie file.  Here's my Wheezy file:
>
> $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> #deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.8.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 xfce-CD
> Binary-1 20150110-14:41]/ wheezy main
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
>
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main
>
> deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy-backports main
>

> David

And in case you are less purist:

deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main contrib non-free

deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ wheezy-backports iceweasel-release

Though in both cases Brian's choice of mirror was better.

Lisi