Re: gschem only partially works

On Saturday 09 January 2016 13:47:58 Richard Owlett wrote:

> On 1/9/2016 11:39 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I have drawn a simple 6 part schematic, in gschem, for something I
> > need several copies of as part of the control mechanism of a cnc
> > machine tool.
> >
> > Now I would like to translate that to a pcb I can make.
> >
> > However, its been an exercise best described as the 10,000 monkeys
> > with typewriters miraculously re-creating Shakespears works.
> >
> > The reason?  In the help pulldown, the top 3 items that should give
> > one access to the documentation for the geda suite of programs, do
> > ANAICT nothing, not even a disk access spike is shown by gkrellm.
>
> I've never used the package but your description caused me to ask
> if documentation was loaded and to the "right" place.
>
> Duckduckgo led to https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/geda-doc and
> thus to
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/all/geda-doc/filelist.

I can see all that in synaptic to prove its there, and mc agree's, but
its in html and iceweasel has lost the ability to open a file on a local
filesystem.  No clue why as there sure should not be an ssl problem on a
local direct access disk.

So unless I see an iceweasel update in the next day or 2, I will be
actively searching for a browser that Just Works(TM).

> HTH

Its all there, in the same directory tree with all the .sym files that
describe this and that.  I gave up on gschem and recreated it in PCB,
but when exported to gcode and loaded into LCNC, it bears NO resemblance
to what I composed in PCB.  I'd use eagle, but everytime I take a nap,
it self destructs with non-compatible upgrades.  After 3 or 4 times of
that happening, if I ever get it running again, I am going to do an
ifconfig eth0 down before I restart it. I have little or no use for
software that phones home without the users ok.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)