Re: sexist content in the package openclipart2-png

Terence wrote:

> Peter,
>
> You shouldn't be confused: there will always be people of limited
> intelligence and understanding who will find offence in any statement,
> picture, opinion or attitude that does not conform to their severely
> restricted mind-set.
>
> There is nothing to be found on the internet that transcends the barbarity
> of certain groups that rape , murder, mutilate and gloat over their
> actions, and post their obscene videos to the world, to compare with the
> images that are  complained about here.
>
> Perhaps certain people need a reality check, and  professional
> reorientation help to rejoin the real world.
>
> Wishing you a happy new year, but doubting it will be, given the human
> obstacles to progress,
>
> Saki

I completely agree with you Terence. The best way to protect our children is
to give them education and understanding for what is going on in the world,
so that they are able to make healthy (good) choices.
Most of the parents fail there and blame this one or that one and try to
create an artificial world around their children.
There is too much political correctness and too less of a good example (at
least here in Europe), so that children often do not know what is good and
what is bad.

I do not want our women to wear hijab, because someone could be affected
when they show their neck, or chin. Following the OPs request we would end
up there sooner or later.
I also do not want that pornographic content is shown to anybody, but ...
advertisements go to the limit too often and it hangs everywhere. Did
someone count how much advertisement is seen by a child. How is the OP
dealing with it?
The only solution in my opinion is to explain and give a good example to the
children for what is good and what is bad. Once they know it, they do not
forget.

Happy New Year to all of you!

regards