Re: Recommendation for FTP server

Yes, very helpful. I'll look at mount options.

Here's what I did on the old Windows server:

Each user had their own login.

All logins sent to the same read-only area, with one subdirectory in
which all users could write. I know how to set that all up with
regular FTP servers like ProFTPD.

Other subdirectories were symbolically linked to the user login
directory. Sounds like mounting these remote shares at, or as, mount
points in the user login directory would be the proper thing to do,
yes? Then ssh for FTP would work just fine.