Re: How to write optimized code for an instruction set not supported by my computer?

El 14/11/15 a las 18:33, Joel Rees escribió:
Anyway, the point is that you are moving your project forward, right?

Yes.

Now I have a working Base64 implementation using SSE. I developed it on my real computer since it has SSE support (up to SSE 4.2). I get a relative reduction of running time slightly above 50% (or above 100% speedup) compared to a lookup table version (which is faster than GNU Coreutils' version).

I will continue working on the details, possibly add AVX support using Bochs and maybe publish the code as a free software library (otherwise I would keep it unpublished; I do not make non free software).

Thanks for the help to everybody who replied to my thread.