Re: LXDE Display Coordination

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 08:28:31AM +0000, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 16:45:19 +0100
> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
>
> Hello tomas@tuxteam.de,
>
> >I'm rather with "post here" -- if we are setting up a vote :-)
>
> I'm all in favour of making it easy on the reader (not having to click
> multiple links is a Good Thing), but that needs to be moderated by a
> degree of reason:  I've seen some really silly behaviour - for example,
> 570kB images to relay information that could be conveyed in less than 10
> words.

Yeah, that's ridiculous.

> Also, not everybody has an always on unlimited internet account.  For
> those people, every byte counts.  So let's not forget their needs.

I'm not. Are you suggesting that a person who sends a 570kB file without
a second thought, is going to bother using pastebin?

Another point I can think of, is if a person with a limited internet
account downloads an email but the link points to a 404, do you think
they're going to be pleased?

I personally would go WTF, what's the point of having the mailing list
archived at all! Come on guys, lets not throw common sense out the
window.

It's fine to post logs and configuration files to the mailing list, it's
been happening, like forever, no need to change it now.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X