Re: convert between ethernet and usb

rlharris@oplink.net a écrit :
> On Sat, November 7, 2015 8:26 pm, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
>>
>> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0846:68e1 Netgear, Inc.
>
> Something else:  the AirCard CONNECTED DEVICES screen shows one USB
> tethered, with the IP address 192.168.1.4 and the MAC address
> 08:BD:43:34:15:9A.
>
> I have been poking around, but I have not yet discovered the device which
> corresponds to that MAC address.

What does "ifconfig -a" display ?
What are the new messages in the kernel log after plugging the device ?

According to <http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2176502>, the
device should work with the "rndis_host" kernel module.

You can print the module alias of the device with :

find /sys -name "modalias" -execdir grep -i "v0846p68e1" '{}' \;

and check which module supports it with :

modprobe -R <alias>