Re: Installing mSATA Solid State Drive in Dell Precision M3800

On 11/02/2015 07:49 PM, ken wrote:
I'm considering getting a Dell Precision M3800 Mobile Workstation, would
want to install my own mSATA SSD in it.  Does anyone here have one of
these machines?  If so, is an SSD a user-installable component?  And if
so again, how much needs to be taken apart?

Download the service manual from Dell. It should provide instructions for replacing the drive(s) -- HDD/ SSD, "mobility", etc.. It's nice to pick a model that you can get to the drive(s) by removing some screws and sliding a carrier out, rather than having to take off the bottom cover, etc..

David