Re: Iceweasel updates

On Monday 02 November 2015 07:19:46 Jack Dangler wrote:

> Got a msg this morning from online bank service that my browser
> (iceweasel) is no longer up to date (equates to ff31) and wants to
> 'either update your browser to a compatible version or install one of
> the following - [list of usual suspects].
> The next version of iceweasel i found in deb packages is 41 (quite a
> jump), but says it is likely buggy (i'm guessing its in experimental).
> Has anyone installed this version and had significant issues with it?
> I'm stuck for online banking without it unless i install ff or chrome
> which I'd rather not do at this point. Thanks for any input/advice.
>
> Jack

iceweasel is slowly turning into a space on my drive waster.  38.3.0, on
wheezy here, and it refused to go to a site link in an email message,
where I could confirm I wanted to opt in to a new server one of my
mailing list memberships is moving to, getting away from yahell.  That
forced the list-owner to have to do it by hand.

It even offered to retry it, but that failed also, with it reporting that
the destination port was not one normally used for that service and that
it had canceled that request.

'Scuse me but how can I turn that nannying off?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)