Re: Fetchmail may almost be working in pop3.

	The job now is to get the out-bound authentication to
work to the smtp server. One should use dpkg-configure
exim4-config to set exim to use a smarthost for out-bound
messages and rely on fetchmail for the incoming mail. Most of
this is relatively easy and straight-forward except for one
small detail. The box being used to send mail to the provider's
smtp host does have a FQDN but it is fake and appears nowhere in
any working DNS. When I put Linux on that box, I used wb5agz as
the host name and swbell.net as the domain name  even though we
were on DSL with out a static IP address. The only other systems
aware of this name are systems on the local side of the router
with wb5agz.swbell.net in their /etc/hosts files mapped to a
private IP address. Nowhere else in the world does this host
name mean anything.

	It seems that the fake name is still finding it's way in to
headers that go to the smarthost and it doesn't like seeing that
since it doesn't resolve.

	Are there flags I can send to exim4 to see what the
message looks like which will probably tell me which headers are
wrong? This will make it possible to go through exim4-config
once again to see what I set wrong since the smtp server must
not try to resolve the fake host name. All it knows about is the
mailname and the password.

Martin