Re: Fetchmail may almost be working in pop3.

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 08:28:36AM -0500, Martin G. McCormick wrote:
> Lisi Reisz writes:
> > As someone else has pointed out, it looks as though your username is
> > wrong.
> > Most POP3 mailhosts require the full email address, with the @domain bit.
> >
> > Lisi
>
> This one is no exception. Thank you!! I don't know how many
> times I have read and re-read the lines in that .fetchmailrc
> file and missed that. That was the problem. When I ran it again,
> it downloaded two test messages lightning fast and the log
> showed no further squawks. I don't know whether to feel stupid
> or joyful.

Just to throw a fly in the ointment:

tal% less ../.fetchmailrc
poll pop3.slingshot.co.nz with protocol pop3
user cbannister
password ************

which I call with an alias 'fm':

alias fm='fetchmail -e 50 -m /usr/bin/maildrop'

Maybe the clue is in the phrase '... *most* POP3 mailhosts ...' <shrug>

anyway, just thought I'd open a can of worms. :)

oppressing." --- Malcolm X