Re: Help with ddrescue

German wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> >   ddrescue if=/dev/sdX of=/dev/sdY /var/tmp/rescuelogfile
>
> Hmm.. The Wanderer suggest that *if= and of=* is the wrong syntax.

Argh!  I have made two typos in the space of the last two messages.  I
can't believe I made a mistake this silly.

> He says that this should be simple as this:
>
> ddrescue /dev/sdX /dev/sdY /path/to/logfile
>
> Who is right?

The Wanderer is correct.  The if= and of= is 'dd' syntax not
'ddrescue'.  I goofed up the suggestion.  With ddrescue there are
three arguments, infile, outfile and logfile.

When reading postings such as these one should always read the
official documentation.  That would clear all of it up
authoritatively.  For ddrescue here is the documentation online.

  http://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/manual/ddrescue_manual.html

Bob