Re: /etc/environment not available for normal user while for root it is[was Re: sudo not respecting /etc/sudoers]

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 7:58 PM, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
> Le quartidi 14 floréal, an CCXXIII, Avinash Sonawane a écrit :
>> So will it work if I add `auth            required        pam_env.so`
>> to lightdm, lightdm-greeter and lightdm-autologin files?
>
> Try.

Awesome! It worked! I added  `auth            required
pam_env.so` in lightdm, lightdm-greeter and lightdm-autologin just
above the line `auth      required pam_env.so
envfile=/etc/default/locale` and now /etc/environment is available for
normal user.

Thank you so much!

--
Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)