Re: /etc/environment not available for normal user while for root it is[was Re: sudo not respecting /etc/sudoers]

Le quartidi 14 floréal, an CCXXIII, Avinash Sonawane a écrit :
> I think I am using lightdm as display manager/login manager. (Any way
> to find out which is?)

You can probably see what display manager is running with "ps".

> And in lightdm, lightdm-autologin and lightdm-greeter I see:
>
> # Load environment from /etc/environment and ~/.pam_environment
> auth      required pam_env.so envfile=/etc/default/locale
>
> > If there is, check that pam_env.so is invoked.
>
> Apparently pam_env.so is alreadu being invoked.

Not exactly. It is invoked to read /etc/default/locale, but not
/etc/environment. The correct lines, from xdm, look like this:

auth            required        pam_env.so
auth            required        pam_env.so envfile=/etc/default/locale

See there are two lines. The behaviour contradicts the comment just above:
there is not doubt this is a bug. You must file a bug report.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George