Re: [Debian 8.0 Installation] Firmware files on USB stick with debian iso

On Fri 01 May 2015 at 14:49:10 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Friday 01 May 2015 14:04:29 Brian wrote:
> > The unofficial installer (netinst + non-free firmware) was put together
> > with the aim of avoiding having people drive a long way in the hot sun
> > or turning the house upside down looking for a network card. The choice
> > to use it exists.
>
> Of course!  It is great.  But for a while it was quite diffficult to find.  I
> hasten to say, that it is easy to find now.
>
> I used Kenshi Muto's install CD while it existed.

Kenshi Muto's idea was taken up by Steve McIntyre to give us what we
have now. Personally I don't mind using the method described in another
mail;  but it is hardly intuitive or obvious so the unofficial installer
is well worth some publicity.