Re: How can I force a full fsck on a remote system at next reboot?

On 03/12/2015 06:00 AM, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
* Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> [2015-03-11 20:44 +0000]:

On 2015-03-11, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
[...]
According to shutdown(8)

        -f     Skip fsck on reboot.

        -F     Force fsck on reboot.

Elimar

Those options are indeed available in the case of the wheezy version of
/sbin/shutdown, which belongs to the sysvinit package.

I am running sid / sysvinit here.

$ dpkg -l | grep systemd
ii  libsystemd0:amd64

Elimar

Hi, Elimar.

So, are you suggesting that this shutdown function (-F, for forcing fsck at boot) is available with the shutdown command if I switch from systemd-sysv to sysvinit, or that it is available regardless of init system in Sid?

I have had 2 cups of coffee, but I'm still a little fuzzy on what you might be suggesting.

:-)

Help an old guy out?

Best,
JP