Re: How can I force a full fsck on a remote system at next reboot?

On 2015-03-11, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> wrote:
> * Jape Person <japers@comcast.net> [2015-03-11 14:04 -0400]:
>
> [...]
>> I maintain some remote systems that I don't want running a full file system
>> check at inopportune times, but I do make certain that I force a check and
>> examine the results on a regular basis. Anyway, that's why I don't simply
>> modify grub behavior to include "fsck.mode=force" on these systems.
>
> According to shutdown(8)

>        -f     Skip fsck on reboot.
>
>        -F     Force fsck on reboot.
>
> Elimar

Those options are indeed available in the case of the wheezy version of
/sbin/shutdown, which belongs to the sysvinit package. The OP appears to
be running jessie (given that he upgraded initramfs-tools this morning),
where that same command belongs to the systemd-sysv package, and does
not offer the -[fF] options.

--

Liam