Re: Installing Openbox

On 03/11/2015 01:39 AM, Cláudio E. Elicker wrote:
There is a very nice Openbox guide in
https://urukrama.wordpress.com/openbox-guide/

> EMACS is my operating system; Linux is my device driver.

Sure you got that right??

Here's a quote from "The design of the unix operating system", Maurice J. Bach, Prentice/Hall, 1986, page 4:

"The operating system interacts directly with the hardware, providing common services to programs and insulating them from hardware idiosyncrasies. Viewing the system as a set of layers, the operating system is commonly called the system kernel, or just the kernel, emphasizing its isolation from user programs. Because programs are independent of the underlying hardware, it is easy to move them between UNIX systems running on different hardware if the programs do not make assumptions about the underlying hardware."

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html