Re: Fwd: Re: Have I been hacked?

On 01/13/2015 05:34 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday, January 12, 2015 11:54:54 PM Joel Rees did opine
And Gene did reply:
2015/01/13 5:04 "Ric Moore" <wayward4now@gmail.com>:
On 01/12/2015 11:50 AM, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
You should learn from some REAL security experts, not the internet.

Like who? There are compromises all over the net, with consumer
security

files lying in the open like gutted bleeding fish. I don't think
anyone is a "REAL security expert", except the ones breaking in. Any
advances we have now is result of closing the barn doors after the
cow got out. I guess we owe the BlackHats that much. :/ Ric

Can I read you as saying that the black hats may be the closest thing
to security experts that we have?

I was thinking I agree.

But I also think we are letting them define security.

I keep forgetting that I don't like the definitions they seem to want
to impose on us.

Joel Rees

I'm with Ric on that. We seem to have lost our "proactive attitude" about
security. The net result is predictable in that the lunatics are now
running the asylum.

Hi Ric. :)

Hey Gene! They can't keep a good man down! Did Mandrake finally push up the lilies??

Of course I am not happy with the Blackhats defining security, but if it weren't for them doing their "job" no one else would. I am jealous that I don't have their brain power. Getting too old, missing a limb and waiting for a triple-bypass. I need some stem cells. Glad to see you here, Gene. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256