RE: Unable to join the Debian User Forum; appears that all IPs are being black-listed.

Bob,

Trying my best with the trimming; I'll keep observing how other people do it
and try to learn from that.

> > It does work in other Linux distros that I have tried.
>
> If it works anywhere then it should be possible to learn why and/or why
not and
> to transfer that knowledge.
>
> The other distro may have done something unique and special there to make
it
> work.  The task is then to figure this out and make it available in
Debian.

That's what I would have thought.

> > Rhythm Box appears to work just fine.
>
> How would Rhythm Box know what your smb username and password would
> be?

Good question. My guess is perhaps since it's part of Gnome it's more
integrated and since Gnome must know my credentials when I access the
Windows shares initially, it probably has a standard place to store that
information. But this is just a guess from a day 3 day old Debian user.

> I suggest that you post a new message to the mailing list.
>[snip]
> Give it a go.  Good luck!

I was thinking that myself but wasn't sure on the best procedure there
either so thanks for filling me in. When I get a chance I'll do just that.
Cheers,
Wayne.