Re: Have I been hacked?

> You have completely failed to understand what fail2ban is telling you.
>
> > Anyway, I have decided to get new hardware and do a clean install of everything
> > ... as many of you have suggested ...
>
> It was heading that way so it is probably best for you.

You sound like a heartless Seargeant Major in the Marines ... ;) ...

> > However, as I fly a lot internationally, is there a way I can temporarily block
> > these country's IP's for a few days at most untill I have enough time on
> > hand to do a fresh install ...
>
> What has flying got to do with it?

What I meant was that I fly a lot and don't have time in the immediate future to
do a fresh install ... So I wanted a temporary stop-gap solution for a few days
untill time would lend itself for the task ...

> > Currently my iptables looks like this ...
>
> If you have resorted to using iptables you have lost it. A standard
> Debian install doesn't need it.

Yip ... definately a Seargeant Major ...