Re: Please stop systemd-fsck on _every_ boot!

On 01/07/2015 01:45 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
> The Wanderer wrote:
>> To my eye, based on what you've reported, it does look as if the reason
>> your system is running fsck on every boot is that something about a
>> mount attempt is failing. However, aside from "probably to do with the
>> swap partition", I have no clue what that something is - or how to
>> figure out more, beyond what you already seem to know to try.
>
> I would also be concerned that on shutdown the disks aren't being
> marked as cleanly unmounted and shutdown.  Causing them to need to be
> checked at boot time.

I don't see anything in the log files saying otherwise. Then again, if
it is on unmount then it wouldn't necessarily wouldn't be able to write
the log files out...

I did make some pretty big progress earlier today, unfortunately I am
not sure the exact thing I did. I got in and started mucking about with
the starting and stopping of systemd services and what not and now that
kernel boot skip parameter works! So at least that is working now. :-)

Though I think I might be ok with an every boot fsck that takes >2
seconds...

Thanks!
~Stack~