Re: Please stop systemd-fsck on _every_ boot!

Greetings,

On 01/06/2015 07:56 PM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> Have you tried tune2fs on each partition?
>
>    http://crashmag.net/disable-filesystem-check-fsck-at-boot-time

I did and that didn't help either.

After I sent my plea for help, I took a break to grab some dinner and
chill. When I returned I started hacking on it again. I started with the
fact that it always complained about the swap partition. I also noticed
that it /wasn't/ using the swap partition anymore (it was very recently).

Hrm. Well maybe that "x-systemd.automount" in fstab was working in that
swap wasn't being automounted, but systemd-fsck was just ignoring the
"don't fsck this drive" field. So I removed the automount statement. I
also had my swap encrypted...could that have been playing a part in all
of this? So I disabled the swap in crypttab and rebooted.

It *still* ran a fsck, but instead of several minutes, it was 2-3
seconds. Swap also loaded properly. Hrm. So I added the swap line back
into crypttab and presto, the long fsck boot came back. To cram about
45min of trial and error into a summary: systemd-fsck _really_ does not
like having the UUID for swap in /etc/crypttab but it does seem to do ok
with /dev/sda3 as the device instead. *shrug*

In summary:
* I have systemd-fsck disabled just about every damn place I can find to
do so, yet it still runs on boot every time. I see it on the screen and
in the log messages.
* I still can't find where the hell systemd stores the same information
it displays on the boot screen.
* As far as I am concerned (granted with my very small sample size of 2)
systemd flat out ignores the 6th field of fstab.
* systemd-fsck apparently really hates UUID's for crypttab

BUT! It now takes 2-3 seconds every time it says it is running a fsck
during boot versus the 2-3 minutes it used to take.

So I think I am just going to call it a "win" for now and go to sleep. :-)

~Stack~