Re: upgrade from wheezy to jessie

On Tue 06 Jan 2015 at 14:32:00 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> On 06/01/15 13:48, Gerard ROBIN wrote:
> >
> > I agree with you regarding jessie, I installed it on a USB drive and
> > it works fine with systend, but but what concerns me is the transition
> > from sysvinit to systemd on wheezy. If I understand what I read on the
> > web (in English ...) it may be that my machine will not boot if I do
> > not do the job well.
> >
> I've not heard that, except maybe in very old reports.
> I think the installer has now reached a stage of maturity to avoid such
> pit-falls, and will, presumably, mature more until the release. I'd then
> be inclined to wait for a month or two before upgrading, to allow it to
> gain even more maturity. I would expect all to go smoothly.

New installations from d-i are, of course, different from upgrading from
Wheezy and testing of the betas and release candidates is very important.
Tommorrow should see a new version of the installer released. Reports of
success (or otherwise) made with the installation-report package are
more than welcome.