Re: error opening /media/cdrom0/BDMV/BACKUP/index.bdmv

On 01/04/2015 04:57 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
On 01/03/2015 10:43 PM, Mike Kupfer wrote:
Mike Kupfer wrote:

Ric Moore wrote:

Trying to automount a dvd for playback and I'm seeing this.

I'm seeing these messages, too, even for removable USB drives.  (Jessie,
amd64, running Xfce.)

I filed a bug: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=774532
Thank you!! My bug-report-fu is lacking master! This happens when I try
to automount with vlc. Note, that /media/<mountpoint> is set
non-writable. in my case, where it uses /media/cdrom0
...which is odd as a cdrom is USUALLY non-writable but it's attempting
to find that "../BDMV/index.bdmv" file there. It must be some ruleset
set wrongly somewhere. That we certainly have in common. :) Ric

If anyone has a clue where the rule would be on the file system to automount a dvd would be I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I have to wonder if other problems like mounting a USB device would be related to trying to use a mount point that is unwritable and/or doesn't exist.

I hope you get feedback from your bug report, Mike. Please keep us all posted. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256