Re: USB camera prog ?

On Sun, 04 Jan 2015, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:

> I am looking for a prog that will display on screen, and save,
> pictures taken with a USB camera connected to the box.
>
> Better obviously with a GUI; but I do not care to install a load of
> Gnome or KDE bloat.
>
> Any idea, advice, etc ?

Geeqie.  No desktop environment dependency.  My system doesn't even
have one.  Just uses X and a window manager -- Openbox.  However, Geeqie
is strictly an image viewer/manager.  No drivers to mount cameras
unless your camera mounts as a mass storage device. I just use a USB
multi-card reader.  So much easier when you have lots of cameras.