Re: Need help with disk config.

Le 31/12/2015 01:24, Dennis Wicks a écrit :
Greetings;

In the next couple of days I will have a much better computer. Not
64bit, but at least faster and with more disk.

I had several 64 bits computers for free, stil using 32 bits if not very low end is surprising!

It will have 4x1TB SATA drives, 4x250GB IDE/PATA drives and all the
memory it can use and a fast AMD socket AM2 processor.

drop IDE disks to a demo machine, mixing sata and ide on the same machine is problem prone

the rest depends of the use. If you use disk for archiving purpose, use them as you said, with ext4 (btrfs is not yet really user ready).

if permanent availability is important (use 24/24, 7/7), build a raid with your 4 disks

jdd