Re: Dovecot Problems?

David Baron:

> I can no longer log on to my IMAP server from my Android. I can do so from
> kmail but even the URL is translated to localhost. Using k-9 mail on the
> android.

Is kmail running in the same host as Dovecot? That's the only way I can
think of that kmail is working with localhost as the IMAP server (or a
*very* broken entry in /etc/hosts).

> I have dovecot listening to *,:: (both ivp4 and ivp6)
> I have tried with and without ssl,tls, neither works
>
> I am not sure when it stopped working, dovecot upgrades or new router. The
> desktop ufw is set to allow all out and 143 in for all the combinations.

If you only allow 143, IMAP over SSL will not work. It uses 993.

> The router's port forwarding is set up the same way.
>
> Should work.
> What else do I need?

You are a little short on details. What error message do you receive
from K9?

J.
--
Americans have a better life.