Re: Funny integer problem in wide-dhcpv6-client (20080615-12)?

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015, Atle Solbakken wrote:
> I've noticed something strange in dhcp6c where the preferred lifetime of a
> delegated prefix is set to a very high value apparently for no reason. It
> looks like an issue with signing, integer size or such.
>
> I had look into the source code to debug it, but after building from source,
> the problem disappears so it's kind of hard to figure it out.

Can you give us more information about your enviornment?  Which version of
Debian you're using (and building dhcp6c in), for example...

> Debug output from amd64 binary package built by Debian:
> update_prefix: create a prefix 2001:4660:bffd::/48 pltime=511101111824,
> vltime=3600
>
> Debug output after building from source, pltime is correct:
> update_prefix: create a prefix 2001:4660:bffd::/48 pltime=3600, vltime=3600
>
> Have anybody else seen this problem or have any clue what might be causing
> this? If the problem only exists at my end there might not be any point

This kind of crap usually happens due to a broken build environment and/or
compiler.  But it could also be caused by ABI breakage involving dynamic
linked objects (libraries, plugins, etc).

> investigating this any further, as it's OK when built from source. Still
> annoying, though :)

Well, this is the sort of thing we *do* want to track down.

  Henrique Holschuh