Re: Recovering data from a Raid 1Sata HD

Felix Miata a écrit :

> A RAID1 partition normally cannot be mounted as an sdX# device.

It can if the RAID superblock is located at the end of the partition.
I.e. the superblock format is 0.9 (obsolete) or 1.0.

However if the format is 1.1 or 1.2 (default), the superblock is located
at or near the beginning of the partitition and offsets the beginning of
the filesystem, preventing mount to identify it. But the filesystem can
still be mounted with loop, by specifying the offset.

Use "mdadm -E /dev/<partition>" to display the superblock format and the
data offset. I don't remember if the offset is in 512-byte sectors, KiB
or other unit. You must multiply the offet with the block size to get
the offset in bytes.

Then mount the filesystem with "-o loop,offset=<offset_in_bytes>".