Re: Need a calculator that knows about coulombs

On Thursday 24 December 2015 06:27:44 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Thursday 24 December 2015 01:05:14 Bob Bernstein wrote:
> > And I have to say, this electrical stuff is a lot sexier than
> > poopy linux stuff!
>
> <ahem> ****debian****-user@lists.debian.org ;-)
>
> More _macho_ perhaps (my landlady got the neighbours out to see when I
> changed a fuse when I was 23 - definitely a job for the boys and what
> was a slip of a girl doing doing it).  But _sexy_?  Nah!  You fool
> yourselves if you think macho=sexy. ;-)
>
> Lisi

I think I have to agree with Lisi.  Being the neighborhood geek 20 years
before the term was invented, sure made the girls hard to get. That
resulted in a certain event in my life being several years late.

When I found, or vice versa, my first wife, a divorc`e with 2 kids, I
thought I was set for life. That unfortunately only lasted 9 years, she
had a stroke, blood clot in the left middle cerebral and she was right
handed, and died at 34. Buried on our oldest daughters 9nth birthday. I
had cake & ice cream but there was no merriment to celebrate that day.

But what a glorious 9 years. Officially about a 3rd grade education
because northern Arkansas kids are needed in the cotton fields to work
at the same time school is in session. But she was smart, the oldest of
13, and was learning semiconductor theory from me at a good pace when
the stroke occurred.  A good woman, and I miss her yet nearly half a
century later.  She had enthusiastically gave me 3 children, 2 girls and
a boy, but cancer took the girls and a Kia sedan mixed with a 5th took
the boy just a year ago. So none of my first family now survive.  A man
isn't supposed to outlive his kids, but I seem to have done it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)