Re: Need a calculator that knows about coulombs

Gene H writes:
> Having read some of the extra's for that, its no wonder the bid
> estimates are 400% of what the takeoff guy totals up.

We had an in-house construction operation for small projects of the sort
I designed.  They were mostly pretty good but my biggest problems came
from their attempts to save money, such as using left-over 90 ohm IT
coax for a CATV project instead of the 70 cable I had specified.  The
hospital was horribly mismanaged, though.

> And my little red pocket hot wire sniffer still manages to go berzerk
> when within sensing distance to some of the innocent looking stuff
> sitting on the prep rooms counters.  I found 4 of those flashlight
> things they put a plastic cup over to look into an ear, that could be
> lethal so far.

No, not really.  That devices is only useful for finding energized wires
behind walls.  It tells you nothing about lethality.  All sorts of
harmless things can set it off.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com