Re: Recovering data from a Raid 1Sata HD

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015 13:33:22 +0100
<tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 09:49:54AM -0300, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Dec 2015 11:11:08 +0000
> > Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If it is demanding a file type, how about  "-t auto"?
> >
> > root@ron:/home/ron # mount /dev/sdi9 /media/eSata
> > mount: you must specify the filesystem type
> >
> > root@ron:/home/ron # mount -t auto /dev/sdi9 /media/eSata
> > mount: you must specify the filesystem type
>
> That means mount can't guess what filesystem is on /dev/sdi9. I fear we
> won't be better at it. But you could try something like:
>
>   sudo dd if=/dev/sdi9 bs=1024 count=1 | file -
>
> Perhaps 'file' can shed some light onto it (it doesn't always)

Thank, but I fear I remain un-enlightened:

root@ron:/home/ron # dd if=/dev/sdi9 bs=1024 count=1 | file -
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1024 bytes (1.0 kB) copied, 0.000693701 s, 1.5 MB/s
/dev/stdin: data

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                  One seldom sees a monument to a committee.