Re: Incorrect group on /dev/fd0? "disk" vs "floppy"

On 12/16/2015 10:09 PM, Anders Andersson wrote:
Believe it or not, but I still have a floppy disk drive in my
workstation, and I have to use it occasionally! I just noticed that my
user was not allowed to write to /dev/fd0 even though it belongs to
the group "floppy". I found that /dev/fd0 belongs to the group "disk",
and I don't think it should. Granting a user the ability to write to
floppies is not nearly as dangerous as allowing it to write to
everything in the "disk" group.

Have a look at

there is a udev rule setting the group to floppy.

best regards
Ulf