Re: apt-get error messages

At face value I'd assumed Tony was reflecting on the freedom a user has to make something work how they want.

I didn't consider it as demanding, because unless he had offered to create the features or rally the developers himself or point the OP to another list, and assuming Tony wasn't overwhelmed by mutual consensus, if you want something, surely nobody owes it to anyone except themselves to write it?

With sincerety, MHO.

-
- Lee Fuller

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM, Tony van der Hoff <tony@vanderhoff.org> wrote:
> On 08/12/15 13:41, Chris Bannister wrote:
>
>> *groan* *sigh* ... I wonder why there's not a 'dpkg
>> --print-architectures' which prints out *all* the architectures it knows
>> about.
>>
> Because you haven't written it yet?

IMHO this is an inappropriate response. Not all users can be expected
to write software and submit patches. It is one thing to ask them to
file a wishlist bug, it is another thing to demand a patch from every
user who suggests a way to improve user experience.

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog