Re: Problems with Gmail IMAP on Icedove

On Monday 30 November 2015 23:06:06 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> I have been trying to set up IMAP from two different accounts on Gmail in
> Icedove: 31.8.0-1~deb7u1.  I have tired changing the password in case I had
> got it wrong, I have retyped everything several times, I have copied and
> pasted, I have crawled up the wall, then I suddenly started to get messages
> from Gmail:
>
> Sign-in attempt prevented
>

> Hi xxxxx,
> Someone just tried to sign in to your Google Account xxxxx@gmail.com
> from an app that doesn't meet modern security standards.
<snip>

Annoying as this was, Google may have had a point:

Just received from security alerts:
<quote>
Multiple security issues have been found in Icedove, Debian's version of
the Mozilla Thunderbird mail client: Multiple memory safety errors,
integer overflows, buffer overflows and other implementation errors may
lead to the execution of arbitrary code or denial of service.

For the oldstable distribution (wheezy), these problems have been fixed
in version 38.4.0-1~deb7u1.
</quote>

Lisi